Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The "34"

The past couple of months marriage has been on my heart. I knew with a move across America - East Coast to the West Coast - with our family of four (with 2 teenagers who were awesome!!) our marriage would be tried as we would use our energy to settle in our new community. I would often think:  "keep fighting for your marriage because no one else will fight for your marriage."

I saw as I passionately sought the right high school for our girl, the right junior high for our boy, a church to call "home",  a place to workout...slowing building our new village...my marriage was often kicked to the back burner....And then I stopped our schedule until we promised to go on weekly dates. Ken and I needed new life for our marriage to continue to stay strong, and thrive with love and commitment. 

Amazing what weekly dates did to our marriage - even if it was to the local Thai restaurant in our neighborhood, and the date was a mere 45 minuets. 

I found as Ken and I entered a new stage of parenting (with a high schooler), it was not the quantity that fueled our souls but short stops of quality...the law of "34"...as I heard from a scholar this week....

Each day spend with your spouse:

30 mins talking 

3 mins praying together (still working on that one)

a kiss 30 seconds long 

and with that is 34 MINS  into a marriage that will not go unblessed in day to day life. 


Love & be loved!
xox



2 comments:

mom Bahr said...

amazing what pray/minutes together and intentional efforts can do for our marriages. Sweet blog Amy and thankful for you & Ken!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely couple! hey
Wishing you great!days stay together happy! from deals

XOXO!

Angelina